Application error

Tried to change the name of "nuclear power" to "Nuclear power" and got the following error:

Application error

Rails application failed to start properly

Source Text:hoidle

Comments

edited September 2010

Interesting. I noticed that there was a redirect for "nuclear power" ON the entry "nuclear power". Is there some issue with redirects for pages that differ only by capitalization?

I also saw some message that 'Nuclear power" already exists, but it does not appear in the list of "All pages".

Source Text:Interesting. I noticed that there was a redirect for "nuclear power" ON the entry "nuclear power". Is there some issue with redirects for pages that differ only by capitalization? I also saw some message that 'Nuclear power" already exists, but it does not appear in the list of "All pages".

I tried to trick the software by changing the name in a roundabout manner

nuclear power -> nuclear_power_tmp -> Nuclear power

But the last step still goes to nuclear power :)

Source Text:I tried to trick the software by changing the name in a roundabout manner nuclear power -> nuclear_power_tmp -> Nuclear power But the last step still goes to **n**uclear power :)
    edited September 2010

There may be some cache bug going on and I'm not sure how I got it to work, but we now have

[[Nuclear power]]

:)

Source Text:There may be some cache bug going on and I'm not sure how I got it to work, but we now have [[Nuclear power]] :)

Every now and then (ie when some update clobbers it), I have to reset the case sensitivity on the database columns. Looks like I might have to do that for Azimuth.

Source Text:Every now and then (ie when some update clobbers it), I have to reset the case sensitivity on the database columns. Looks like I might have to do that for Azimuth.

I encountered some weird behavior when I tried to rename the [[biochar]] page [[Biochar]] (correcting a screwup on my part). At first it didn't seem to work, and strange things happened that I can't remember well enough to describe. But then, after I'd given up, it seems to have worked.

Source Text:I encountered some weird behavior when I tried to rename the [[biochar]] page [[Biochar]] (correcting a screwup on my part). At first it didn't seem to work, and strange things happened that I can't remember well enough to describe. But then, after I'd given up, it seems to have worked.

Actually, I fixed biochar -> Biochar :)

I ran into the same problem you did, but found a hack to get around it.

You change the page name from biochar to biochar_tmp. Then change it again from biochar_tmp to Biochar. Finally, clean up the unnecessary redirects.

Source Text:Actually, I fixed biochar -> Biochar :) I ran into the same problem you did, but found a hack to get around it. You change the page name from biochar to biochar_tmp. Then change it again from biochar_tmp to Biochar. Finally, clean up the unnecessary redirects.

This should now be fixed. I've just changed the "collation" of the relevant database tables so that it is now case sensitive. To demonstrate, I've changed the Sandbox to sandbox (with the redirect, of course; and I'll change it back shortly if no-one beats me to it).

Source Text:This should now be fixed. I've just changed the "collation" of the relevant database tables so that it is now case sensitive. To demonstrate, I've changed the Sandbox to sandbox (with the redirect, of course; and I'll change it back shortly if no-one beats me to it).

You rock :)

Source Text:You rock :)

Eric wrote:

Actually, I fixed biochar -> Biochar :)

Oh, that explains it. It seemed sort of mystical, how it happened.

Thanks a lot for making this easier, Andrew!

Source Text:Eric wrote: >Actually, I fixed biochar -> Biochar :) Oh, that explains it. It seemed sort of mystical, how it happened. Thanks a lot for making this easier, Andrew!
    edited September 2010

I'll change it back shortly if no-one beats me to it

Looks like I beat you to it, but the edit came from "Anonymous Coward". Didn't realize I hadn't entered my name :)

Source Text:>I'll change it back shortly if no-one beats me to it Looks like I beat you to it, but the edit came from "Anonymous Coward". Didn't realize I hadn't entered my name :)